martes, 27 de diciembre de 2011

Come fly with me...

Already arrived.
After a 9-hour flight of which I spent 6 scribbling and reading a borrowed East Africa Lonely Planet, talking to a huy from Liberia and probably talking to the only Argentinians that were going to do the same travel as me, I arrived to Jo'burg.
I was in Africa all right.
The five-hour wait for the flight connection seemed to be a drag, but a three-hour nap turned my opinion around. Flight to Maputo was really quick and before I knew we had arrived I was queuing for the Visa Application.
Long-faced quick-handed lady snatched my precious 100 usd, only to return 20usd. Juicy prices if you ask me. After that, I was able to go through customs without getting my bags searched (poor chinese woman beside me).
When I finally got out of the airport, I was suddenly overcome by a sudden 'gusto de caminar'.
I walked 1h 30m only to find that I was a bit more than lost and that I had entered a very poor part of the city outskirts.
Some people would just stare at me as if they'd seen a ghost (I'm still rather pale I have to say), others would 'boas tardes, tudo bem?' me, to which I'd answer 'Tudo bem, respeito'. On the contrary of what I would've belived, none of them would hassle me. Not in the noisy, unbereable style anyway.
Alas, I'd walked so much already and I was getting nowhere, thankfully a mini-bus came to ask where I wanted to go and took me to a Cathedral just beside my hostel, for the modest sum of 400 meticais (~14 usd, ironic face). Yes, I confused what the average exchange rate was, but he'd been so helpful that I feel like I can forgive myself, just for this one time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario