martes, 27 de diciembre de 2011

Maputo, dulce de leche & camarão

Already at the hostel, I found out I had no network for my cellphone, so I had to arrange my mom to call me, get in touch with Bart and Mr. R.
I met with Bart at 24 de julhio Ave. and Salvador Allende and went to have dinner at a friends' place where he, Marina and her family had been staying for the last couple of days. Their flat was a 10th floor on Jules Nyerere Ave, with view of the Indian Ocean and many ferryboat lights, almost as if there was a starry night just upon the horizon. (It also made me remember the sail bit when arriving Montevideo). Maybe not the first thing but the second, was to duly deliver 800g of pure deliciousness (aka dulce de leche) to Bart. It's funny because I thought the pot was big, but held on his had it looked rather tiny.
They had prepared for starter vermelho cooked with lemon and oil, condimented with peri peri and basil. As a main course we had fried prawn with tomato-and-shrimp salad. The wine was The Wolftrap 2011 SA white wine, pretty decent (even though I just had one glass).
We chatted in a Spanish, English, Portuguese, Italian blend, but still got our thoughts and comments through. Meanwhile, Olivia (Marina's little sister) would frantically try to climb on Bart's back and make him sway her over the sky.
After dinner we watched a Senna documentary (Brazilian famous F1 driver), both interesting and instructive. Went back to the hostel, it was a hot-humid-damp-sticky night.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario