martes, 27 de diciembre de 2011

jardin dos namorados/ jardin dos professores

Woke up at 9.30, called Mr R. as soon as I woke up and got a SIM card for 150 Mts. (Yes, I got a high price again!) only to find that my cellphone hadn't been unblocked. Shoot!
Mr R. picked me up at 10 am , he toured me around the city, we headed to his office, told me about his job and immediately after he arranged a tourist itinerary of the day for me and his choffeur: we went to the Port, la Fortaleza, Train Station and drove by Maputo shopping. I have to admit I'm not used to this kind of travel but Mr. R. insisted yet again.
For lunch we went to Jardin dos Namorados and ate at an amazing restaurant. Excellent view, service, view... everything! He had camarão rice and I had fillet steak (the fish name was something similar to barracuda, can't remember). The starter with shrimp and peri peri sauce/ tuna cream was definetely yummy as well.
Later on I went to the food market, only to find cheap but still overpriced goods (not many Arcor products) and very shy people who wouldn't let me photograph them.
It had ben a short but still busy day, so I decided to come back to the hostel to chill, take my laptop and write some bits and pieces.
I decided to go for a short walk along Patrice Lumumba Ave. until Jardin dos Professores, with view of the Indian Ocean.There I wrote on my journal while watching the sundown. Very peaceful. Just some meters away children were playing with their brothers while a soft salty breeze filled my nostril and made everything more tranquil than it had been.
Perfect goodbye to a city of many disparities.
Tomorrow Tofo!


PS 1: In jardin dos professores I found  small information stone with information about the Golden Ratio, who would've known!
PS 2: I can't upload pictures at the moment, damn stone-age-pentium-1 computer! =P
PS 3: Internet in Tofo is so much better!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario